the Hellboard
Zum Portal Registrierung Kalender Mitgliederliste Teammitglieder Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

Portal » the Hellboard » Allgemeines » Offtopic » The English Thread » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (4): « vorherige 1 2 3 [4]
Zum Ende der Seite springen The English Thread 4 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 8,754 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 8,754 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 8,754 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 8,75
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Bieny Bieny ist weiblich
Forenbesetzerin

images/avatars/avatar-1159.jpg

Level: 50 [?]
Erfahrungspunkte: 11.649.401
Nächster Level: 11.777.899

128.498 Erfahrungspunkt(e) für den nächsten Levelanstieg

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

no, it's one of the worst films ever
i can't laugh about shit like this -.-

06.03.2007, 0:04, Three of Five

Ich liebe Bürokratie erschrocken
01.07.2005 17:29 Bieny ist offline E-Mail an Bieny senden Beiträge von Bieny suchen Nehmen Sie Bieny in Ihre Freundesliste auf
blackrider blackrider ist männlich
No Reallife

images/avatars/avatar-1434.jpg

Level: 54 [?]
Erfahrungspunkte: 20.686.801
Nächster Level: 22.308.442

1.621.641 Erfahrungspunkt(e) für den nächsten Levelanstieg

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

i think its a very funny film, like all films from python, but i cant watch such films many times, they are stupid but funny

Simply you can breath doesn't mean you are alive.

Etwas verwest in uns. Unter diesem dünnen Lack aus Anstand, Moral und Zivilisation, gärt abgestandenes Menschsein und wenn die Membran reisst, wird die Welt ertrinken, in einem Meer aus Blut, Tränen und Pisse.

"Wenn man mit anonymen Fremden im Internet diskutiert, muss man auf alles gefasst sein, denn fast immer entpuppen sie sich als von ihrer Unfehlbarkeit überzeugte Sechzehnjährige mit unendlich viel freier Zeit."
Neal Stephenson

01.07.2005 17:37 blackrider ist offline E-Mail an blackrider senden Beiträge von blackrider suchen Nehmen Sie blackrider in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Xarcatos Xarcatos ist männlich
Troll - do not feed

images/avatars/avatar-690.jpg

Level: 37 [?]
Erfahrungspunkte: 1.041.564
Nächster Level: 1.209.937

168.373 Erfahrungspunkt(e) für den nächsten Levelanstieg

Monty Python has a strange humor...but imho it is really funny!

01.07.2005 17:49 Xarcatos ist offline E-Mail an Xarcatos senden Beiträge von Xarcatos suchen Nehmen Sie Xarcatos in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Kinslayer668 Kinslayer668 ist männlich
Troll - do not feed

images/avatars/avatar-727.gif

Herkunft: Mittelerde

Level: 44 [?]
Erfahrungspunkte: 3.781.808
Nächster Level: 4.297.834

516.026 Erfahrungspunkt(e) für den nächsten Levelanstieg

The Ministry of Silly Walks by Monty Python is awesome ;-)

01.07.2005 18:00 Kinslayer668 ist offline E-Mail an Kinslayer668 senden Homepage von Kinslayer668 Beiträge von Kinslayer668 suchen Nehmen Sie Kinslayer668 in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Wursti
Troll - do not feed

images/avatars/avatar-720.gif

Level: 37 [?]
Erfahrungspunkte: 1.164.908
Nächster Level: 1.209.937

45.029 Erfahrungspunkt(e) für den nächsten Levelanstieg

this film is one of the best I´ve ever seen. it is really really funny. and everybody knows the song of the end

01.07.2005 18:57 Wursti ist offline Beiträge von Wursti suchen Nehmen Sie Wursti in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Bieny Bieny ist weiblich
Forenbesetzerin

maybe we should change the topic of this thread
it gets boring to discuss whether Monty Python is funny or not

nice weather today, isn't it ?

04.07.2005 22:44 Bieny ist offline E-Mail an Bieny senden Beiträge von Bieny suchen Nehmen Sie Bieny in Ihre Freundesliste auf
MoD3000
Hoffnungsloser Fall

images/avatars/avatar-25.jpg

Level: 56 [?]
Erfahrungspunkte: 27.675.315
Nächster Level: 30.430.899

2.755.584 Erfahrungspunkt(e) für den nächsten Levelanstieg

Well it isn't. I checked out Roma out just yesterday and it was hot like shit.

We should instead discuss the effects of global warming and greenhouse effect. This will also raise the amount of words per post. May i point you to http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4647383.stm a new message from our very best friend?
04.07.2005 22:48 MoD3000 ist offline Homepage von MoD3000 Beiträge von MoD3000 suchen Nehmen Sie MoD3000 in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Bieny Bieny ist weiblich
Forenbesetzerin

Could please someone post a summary of this text?
I'm to lazy to read it all!

We discussed the effects of global warming and greenhouse effect already at school (looooooong time ago). Maybe i should look for my english book and copy the text ^^
(bad idea, i know großes Grinsen )

04.07.2005 23:05 Bieny ist offline E-Mail an Bieny senden Beiträge von Bieny suchen Nehmen Sie Bieny in Ihre Freundesliste auf
MoD3000
Hoffnungsloser Fall

Above mentioned text quotes George Walker Bush jr. saying, that G8 will never accept a "Kyoto-style" Agreement due to his veto.
Zitat:
"The Kyoto treaty would have wrecked our economy, if I can be blunt."
04.07.2005 23:25 MoD3000 ist offline Homepage von MoD3000 Beiträge von MoD3000 suchen Nehmen Sie MoD3000 in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Bieny Bieny ist weiblich
Forenbesetzerin

I think this topic is to difficult nachdenken

nice weather today, isn't it? großes Grinsen

08.07.2005 18:15 Bieny ist offline E-Mail an Bieny senden Beiträge von Bieny suchen Nehmen Sie Bieny in Ihre Freundesliste auf
MoD3000
Hoffnungsloser Fall

I disagree, partly. Great Britain got some remarkable landscapes. Well there's still Iceland, but well you know the distance Augenzwinkern
Furthermore, this is a thread to practise and excerise one of the most precise and clear languages in the world. I always found english to be quite of use to describe feelings, emotions, and even philosophical question are to be expressed in plain english much more easily. (sorry for showing off)
12.07.2005 15:39 MoD3000 ist offline Homepage von MoD3000 Beiträge von MoD3000 suchen Nehmen Sie MoD3000 in Ihre Freundesliste auf
MoD3000
Hoffnungsloser Fall

Now with the demise and non-acceptance of the fine english language in the #hellboard channel, i aim at a resurrection of a pure, shiny angloracists, err i mean english-thread.

So i'll kick this off with a quite english topic: the american judical system (which, i can assure you, is one of the most complicated in the world). The article of the respectable libertian newspaper N.Y. Times is here
To summarize the problem (and explain why a american court system is british), i should say that the story is about small local judges, who are a leftover of the first colonists (not the judges, but the system, mind). They used to provide a little judical system while the colonies were still sizeable and the problems at hand were everyday stuff - your farms dogs killed my sheep, your mother is snooring too loud, whatever.

In the world of today, the state of New York still has this system, plus an enhanced criminal justice court for the big issues. So where's the deal? You know, i'm all for small courts deciding the small issues, because that's the way you deal with scalability issues. But what is a small issue nowadays? And here's the problem: the judges presiding these one man courts have absolutly no grasp of the law, which should be the basis of their judgments. Instead they rely on "common sense", telling them to throw out abuse cases (because "a woman needs a good pounding, now and then"), collect extra charges or incarcerate their local enemys.

I'm interested in your opinions on the story. Do you think this system can be improved upon (with judges from all branches of life) or should it be axed (requiring lawyers on the bench)? Would you be a better judge?
01.10.2006 00:22 MoD3000 ist offline Homepage von MoD3000 Beiträge von MoD3000 suchen Nehmen Sie MoD3000 in Ihre Freundesliste auf
quigor
Hoffnungsloser Fall

images/avatars/avatar-812.gif

Herkunft: A

Erfahrungspunkte: 29.712.983

717.916 Erfahrungspunkt(e) für den nächsten Levelanstieg

Of course I knew that american law is quite different to our legal system - it is basically a 'case law', like roman law was. So first I thought, you wanted to discuss this kind of difference... when I started to understand, what your post really was about, I was simply flabbergasted, because I never knew - and would never have suspected - that a damned layman could act as a judge! I expect a judge to be a graduate of a university, and to be quite explicit, to be a graduate of law.

Okay, they are rather crazy, these Americans - but how can they be crazy like that?!
This anachronism has to be terminated as soon as possible, better yesterday than today.

Zitat:
Original von MoD3000
Now with the demise and non-acceptance of the fine english language in the #hellboard channel, i aim at a resurrection of a pure, shiny angloracists, err i mean english-thread.

A truely sad rejection and most unfortunate decision, without question. This unholy channel could have stood to gain - if not favour, than at least notoriety... großes Grinsen

01.10.2006 20:18 quigor ist offline Homepage von quigor Beiträge von quigor suchen Nehmen Sie quigor in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Deathtone Deathtone ist männlich
Nervensäge

images/avatars/avatar-1177.jpg

Level: 32 [?]
Erfahrungspunkte: 433.158
Nächster Level: 453.790

20.632 Erfahrungspunkt(e) für den nächsten Levelanstieg

Hell yea!
An english thread!Good idea!
I got a Fable for the english language...
i will study at the San Diego University in 5 years...
....as long my english-marks stay at 1,4 midstat^^
whatever

02.10.2006 20:51 Deathtone ist offline E-Mail an Deathtone senden Beiträge von Deathtone suchen Nehmen Sie Deathtone in Ihre Freundesliste auf
quigor
Hoffnungsloser Fall

Nice to have found at least one more board-member, who is not spitting like a cat in rage immediately when reading an english word... smile

Perhaps you even got an opinion on the question of laymen acting as judges?

02.10.2006 21:17 quigor ist offline Homepage von quigor Beiträge von quigor suchen Nehmen Sie quigor in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Deathtone Deathtone ist männlich
Nervensäge

images/avatars/avatar-1177.jpg

Level: 32 [?]
Erfahrungspunkte: 433.158
Nächster Level: 453.790

20.632 Erfahrungspunkt(e) für den nächsten Levelanstieg

hmm i guess i had...
IF things like that would intrest me...
you see, im busy figureing out what our politicians are doing, so its futile to ask
me stuff like that...
But im glad that someone agitates a new subject smile

04.10.2006 20:11 Deathtone ist offline E-Mail an Deathtone senden Beiträge von Deathtone suchen Nehmen Sie Deathtone in Ihre Freundesliste auf
novysonic novysonic ist männlich
Hirngeschädigter

Herkunft: München

Level: 44 [?]
Erfahrungspunkte: 3.690.302
Nächster Level: 4.297.834

607.532 Erfahrungspunkt(e) für den nächsten Levelanstieg

whats the sense of this thread?

Licht wird alles was ich fasse,
Kohle alles was ich lasse.

Flamme bin ich sicherlich.
06.10.2006 12:42 novysonic ist offline E-Mail an novysonic senden Beiträge von novysonic suchen Nehmen Sie novysonic in Ihre Freundesliste auf
quigor
Hoffnungsloser Fall

To spare you the incredible imposition of looking above... rolleyes

Zitat:
Original von MoD3000

So i'll kick this off with a quite english topic: the american judical system (which, i can assure you, is one of the most complicated in the world). The article of the respectable libertian newspaper N.Y. Times is here
To summarize the problem (and explain why a american court system is british), i should say that the story is about small local judges, who are a leftover of the first colonists (not the judges, but the system, mind). They used to provide a little judical system while the colonies were still sizeable and the problems at hand were everyday stuff - your farms dogs killed my sheep, your mother is snooring too loud, whatever.

In the world of today, the state of New York still has this system, plus an enhanced criminal justice court for the big issues. So where's the deal? You know, i'm all for small courts deciding the small issues, because that's the way you deal with scalability issues. But what is a small issue nowadays? And here's the problem: the judges presiding these one man courts have absolutly no grasp of the law, which should be the basis of their judgments. Instead they rely on "common sense", telling them to throw out abuse cases (because "a woman needs a good pounding, now and then"), collect extra charges or incarcerate their local enemys.

I'm interested in your opinions on the story. Do you think this system can be improved upon (with judges from all branches of life) or should it be axed (requiring lawyers on the bench)? Would you be a better judge?

06.10.2006 13:25 quigor ist offline Homepage von quigor Beiträge von quigor suchen Nehmen Sie quigor in Ihre Freundesliste auf
MoD3000
Hoffnungsloser Fall

Obviously the judges are no good, so lets move on to something even better. While browsing the world wait web i stumbled upon a newsstory that really caught my eye: http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?ID=5029
See, the swedes are doers, getting the brightest youngsters together to showcase small but important inventions. I'd say 'never underestimate 1000 small changes' potential for turning your life upside down'.
For those interested, i found this to be in stunning coincidence with Thomas-Evangelium seeing how they both encourage you to look at what's right before your eyes.

How do you judge (ha!) these inventions? Life-changing? Boring? I've known all this before?
I'd like to chat about the principle underlying 'small change', KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) as well as the actual inventions.
06.10.2006 13:30 MoD3000 ist offline Homepage von MoD3000 Beiträge von MoD3000 suchen Nehmen Sie MoD3000 in Ihre Freundesliste auf
quigor
Hoffnungsloser Fall

Deeply sorry - nearly forgot to answer your last post... kopfschüteln

But I was really most impressed of these youngsters, their ideas revealing a tremendous amount not only of intellectual capacity but also of practical impact. In the hereabouts highly considered tradition of patriotism of course I favour these two austrian kids and their new de-icing system for aeoplanes.

Speaking about patriotism I am reminded of one of its not so worthy representatives mentioned lately by Fefe´s blog: Mr. David Jackson, a retired dentist and assumed follower of the British National Party, who was arrested for possessing explosive substances 'for an unlawful purpose'. The bloody idiot even stored rocket launchers at home...
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/viewarticle.aspx?id=420965
http://blog.fefe.de/?ts=bbcf8476

I am quite convinced that we are in agreement, that this is the sort of applied 'patriotism' that is not in the least estimated not only by the police but also by any bona fide patriot.

16.10.2006 18:26 quigor ist offline Homepage von quigor Beiträge von quigor suchen Nehmen Sie quigor in Ihre Freundesliste auf
MoD3000
Hoffnungsloser Fall

Since rocket launcher owning dentist don't stirr up as much conversational interest as i suspected, lets try something bigger:
Rumsfeld guided by GOD
Yeah, you read that right, the senior chief of staff in washington (you're all military nuts, so you know, that's the most senior advisor to the minister of defense, Donald Rumsfeld) just said, that Rumsfelds judgments are guided by god himself. Freaky.
Get the full story here: http://blog.fefe.de/?ts=bbc72a80
21.10.2006 22:07 MoD3000 ist offline Homepage von MoD3000 Beiträge von MoD3000 suchen Nehmen Sie MoD3000 in Ihre Freundesliste auf
LuxY LuxY ist männlich
Fingerwundschreiber

images/avatars/avatar-580.gif

Level: 41 [?]
Erfahrungspunkte: 2.507.268
Nächster Level: 2.530.022

22.754 Erfahrungspunkt(e) für den nächsten Levelanstieg

Didn't you know that they have to call George W. "God" or "Lord"? bite

24.10.2006 22:04 LuxY ist offline Homepage von LuxY Beiträge von LuxY suchen Nehmen Sie LuxY in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Seiten (4): « vorherige 1 2 3 [4] Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Thema bewerten: 

nicht lesenswert nicht lesenswert 

lesenswert lesenswert

Portal » the Hellboard » Allgemeines » Offtopic » The English Thread

Impressum Netiquette